You’ve probably heard of invisible braces as the most discreet orthodontic solution for aligning your teeth! There are many questions about the use of invisible braces. We will explain the advantages and disadvantages here.
Invisible braces, incredible results
Invisalign® – the leading brand in invisible braces – offers a more practical, faster and more comfortable treatment than traditional options for aligning teeth that have some imperfections. Metal orthodontic braces bring good results after a while, but many people feel that the journey to that point is quite tortuous.
Invisalign®, in this case invisible braces, has completely changed the concept of correcting teeth, as it works in a more appealing way. Through several sets of invisible braces, which are changed every 1 or 2 weeks, the teeth are repositioned until they achieve the desired position and the smile is finally corrected.
Treatment can take from 6 months to 2 years, depending on the complexity of the case.
Advantages and disadvantages
Apart from the most obvious, such as the functional benefits of orthodontic correction – you can chew more effectively and your diction can also benefit from this – during the process of aligning your teeth there are some significant advantages to wearing invisible braces, such as:
- Discretion — the treatment is carried out with transparent trays, so there’s a degree of relaxation that doesn’t always happen with traditional braces. Most people won’t even realise they’re wearing invisible braces.
- Comfort — customisation allows invisible braces to be tailored to each patient. Due to the type of material, Invisalign® is also considered less painful than metal braces
- Practical hygiene — invisible braces are easily removable, so you can take them off whenever you need to, at mealtimes or when you need to do your oral hygiene.
- Credibility — Invisalign® already has more than 15 million aligned smiles and is the world’s leading brand.
- Quality — SmartTrack is the brand’s exclusive material that has a better performance than other invisible braces
- Speed — invisible braces are around 5 to 6 months faster than traditional braces, so you can have your teeth aligned faster than you think.
In order to take an informed decision, it’s also important to talk about other features of this solution:
- Discipline — because it’s easy to remove, there can be a tendency to forget to put it back on. But once again, nothing that habit and routine won’t help to control
- Initial adjustment — as with other orthodontic appliances, there is an adjustment period
- Price — given their advantages, invisible braces are naturally a little more expensive than conventional braces.
A solution for any age and for almost all types of cases.
It’s not common to see young children wearing braces, but Invisalign® can also be used by children aged 6 and over with mixed dentition – milk teeth and permanent teeth. Aligning this type of dentition can be done when there is a need to create space for unborn teeth while the jaw expands.
Other scenarios in which children can use invisible braces are those in which facial symmetry needs to be corrected, the growth of the jaw needs to be guided or the extraction of permanent teeth needs to be prevented. In this way, the perfect dentition is prepared from childhood!
Types of cases treated by Invisalign®
For both young people and adults, with fully developed dental arches, there are specific situations that need to be treated and for which invisible braces are equally effective:
- Prognathism — when the lower teeth extend beyond the upper front teeth
- Diastema — gaps between the teeth. We often call them “liar’s teeth” when the space is between the upper front teeth.
- Overbite — upper front teeth overlapping the lower teeth
- Crowded teeth — teeth that are “crowded” and don’t fit together normally due to a lack of space in the jaw.
- Crossbite — upper and lower jaw misaligned
- Open bite — when the upper and lower teeth don’t touch
- Teeth with slight irregularities — small corrections for a more aligned smile.
Don’t wait any longer for the perfect smile!
An aligned smile with a smoother transition process doesn’t have to be a dream. With invisible braces you can have your teeth aligned without having to expose yourself to the most curious eyes.
If, on the one hand, some children and young people fear that their friends and classmates will make fun of them, in adulthood many people think that braces are childish and are ashamed to wear them. On the other hand, it’s important to take care of your oral health, but we understand that not everyone feels comfortable with the conventional options. With invisible braces, there are no more constraints!
Start outlining your new smile with us by coming in for an Oral Assessment Consultation.